Monday, June 23, 2014

My first step..

This blog is a collection of my experiences in pregnancy and motherhood which have been life changing in many ways. I hope any new mom reading this will be able to relate to my joys and learn from my experiences. So here goes the story of my baby boy who is now 4 months old from conception to his growth in my womb to his growth outside it. Through this journey I grew a big leap too!!
One early morning last year at 5am, I found myself holding the pregnancy test stick in my hand groggy in sleep walk up to my husband and declare the news... We both stared at each other for a few moments in silence sinking in the news.. In those moments a new bond was forged forever between all three of us...
Being a mother taught me more lessons than anything else in life.. It humbles you and teaches you that there are little joys in life that we often forget about.. We as adults need a baby around us to keep reminding us to smile often... Take life a wee bit easier.. And just be.. without having to worry about the future.. Forgetting the past.. Just smile and enjoy the present..
From the first kick to feeling your bump to watching your baby's first smile... His first words.. First tears.. and those first baby steps... The list is endless of the many firsts you will witness and experience. The journey is so much more enjoyable with a loving partner who is as excited as you are.. And is there are each step of this precious phase.. So here I am taking my first few steps into motherhood..

No comments:

Post a Comment